We are a growing major supplier of high quality, certified organic, gluten-free food, and bakery ingredients. Our family-owned company was established in 1973 and expanded to our USA operations in 2003. Please visit our website reliableproduct.com for more details.
As a premier food ingredient supplier, we strive to help our customers to source the best quality ingredients to make their final product. We are seeking a highly motivated, responsible, hard-working and passionate individual to join us. This position will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service while managing a group of new accounts by new business development and cold calling new customers, negotiating prices and terms of the contracts and collaborating internally to meet both company and customer needs. This person will be instrumental in working closely with our clients to provide a solution for their needs. He/she should have food industry experience and work closely with the President, COO, Purchasing team to quote our customer. We are NOT looking for a pushy car salesperson or someone from the auto industry.
We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate will have effective sales skills, be comfortable putting together and delivering creative solutions packages for customers, have previous experience in the food industry or food ingredients industry IS A BIG PLUS, and have a BA/BS in a related field. A positive, “can do” mentality is essential as is possessing excellent communication skills ( both verbal and written/email).
You will cold call and pursue new leads through a proven sales process that we provide. You will work within a phenomenal custom sales software program(CRM) SalesForce. Establish a solid business base selling core and new products to develop a new diverse customer base. Maintain superior customer services, willingness to learn and understand the product thoroughly, ability to build a strong relationship with our customer, and follow-through throughout the day. Be proactive in communication with both to customers as well as go the President of the company. Maintain a working knowledge of the market and growing conditions and communicate this effectively to the customer base. Communicate effectively and proactively with buyers, President, and sales support staff to meet customer needs and expectations on a day to day basis. Someone who is a foodie by nature and want to learn and show interest in healthy food, gluten-free market.
We offer a rewarding and exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be a part of a growing sales force.
Warm, friendly, and engaging personality. Confident and articulate by nature. Passionate about serving and being a resource to others. Strong collaborator within diverse teams, high-stress tolerance, adaptable to change, ability to listen, and understand the information presented through oral communication. Ability to learn fast in a fast pace environment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- 1-3 years of successful food ingredient with proven sales track records in food ingredients distribution/wholesale or with sales experience in a food manufacturing company.
- A key point to contact for customers regarding orders or logging remarks about product or service experiences. Processes orders and maintains transaction records. Resolve product or service inquiries by clarifying the issue, selecting and explaining the best solution, and following up to ensure satisfaction.
- A Strong communicator who is willing to make “cold-calls” daily and get new clients.
- Prepares product usage reports by collecting and analyzing customer data or information trends. Also updates CRM software data daily.
- Takes on a variety of tasks to support the Sales Team and purchasing team when they are in the field, ensuring a seamless customer experience regardless of travel schedules.
- Ability to visit and travel to tradeshows and trade conferences within the USA and sometimes Abroad.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the Food ingredients industry in an extremely fast-paced market.
- Maintain detailed records of the client activity levels and relationship status.
- Establish and manage effective trade shows and public events to market products.
- Actively communicating with the purchasing team and CEO of the company to coordinate and finalize deals.
- Proven ability to develop customized solutions across clientele resulting in long term business relationships.
- Strong customer orientation with prompt issue resolution and follow-through skills.
- Knowledge of the Food Ingredients industry/Organic ingredients industry will be considered an asset but not necessary.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Goal-setting, sales planning, and daily follow through.
- Able to work independently, manage projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Professionalism and business etiquette.
- Typing in excess of 50 WPM required.
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products.
- Proficient in written grammar and communication skills. Strong phone skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately with great attention to deal.
- Proven ability to Negotiate and get more profit margins for the company.
- Excellent business acumen. Ability to work smarter.
- Ability to conduct focused internet searches.
- Looking for a loyal and punctual person.
- Ability to talk with CEO, COO, Presidents of fortune 500 companies.
- Able to work flexible hours and days as required by the workload.
- Strong organizational skills with attention detail and follow-through.
- Able to maintain a sound working knowledge of all markets and growing conditions.
- Experience with SalesForce CRM IS A BIG PLUS.
- PURSUING NEW ACCOUNTS
- CALLING ON EXISTING CUSTOMERS
- PHONE SELLING BY “COLD-CALLS”
- KEEPING ABREAST OF NEW ITEMS AND MARKET CONDITIONS.
- PRICING STRATEGIES/DEVELOPING PRICE/ORDER GUIDES
- MEETING ALL COMPANY SALES AND PROFIT OBJECTIVES
- SALES MEETINGS
- BEING A PART OF SALES TRAINING.
SALARY & BENEFITS : –
– Base Salary + commission.
– 8 paid holidays.
– We also offer a unique package of Vacation / Sick Leave called PTO (Paid Time Off).
– M/D/V and Life insurance offered.
– 401K benefit offered. ( no matching program right now)
– Corporate discount program.
Work with :
Customer Service/Logistics, Accounting, Purchasing, VP of Sales, Other Sales Reps and the President
Will Report To :
VP of Sales or President.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to this posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employment is subject to a background check clearance and a good reference check. It is the responsibility of all employees at Reliable Products, Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems to their immediate supervisor or other responsible plant management (QA department) so the problem can be corrected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe in work-life balance and organic growth. Personal and Professional development of an employee is an important part of our company.
Please answer the pre-qualifier questions :
- How many years of Sales Operations experience do you have?
- How many years of Sales Management & sales support experience do you have?
- How many years of Sales experience do you have?
- How many years of Sales & Marketing experience do you have?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Are you authorized to work in the following country:
Are you able to work in our HQ in Woodinville, WA?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work
- When will you be available to start this job?