Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Base Salary of $18.00-$23.00 per hour
He/she is detailed oriented, well organized, knowledgeable in supply management standards
and record-keeping abilities; managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery,
being an asset in their communication and negotiation abilities, ensuring the correct products
are delivered to the right location on time and at a reasonable cost.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create customer orders forms, pull correct inventory information, and fill out shipment
release forms as per customer PO, their shipping/receiving, and quality requirements.
- E-mail shipment release information to the warehouse, customer, and freight
companies who are hauling company products.
- Monitor warehouse picks up and deliveries, request BOL and POD from our warehouses and trucking companies to initiate customer invoicing.
- LTL, FTL and Inter-modal Freight management and transportation of goods to the customer.
- Should be an excellent negotiator and have a good sense of overall judgment.
- Daily negotiation of rate quotes with trucking companies, brokers, and freight forwarders via email and phone.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Organize files and confirm receipt of documents.
- Research carriers and warehouse companies create KPI’s for these preferred vendors.
- Maintain records, track, and provide status updates, and quality requirements for all customers shipments.
- Provide exceptional customer service when updating customers on their shipment status.
- Communicate needs and objectives with managers and key personnel via email, meetings, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Assist in inventory management and reconciliation.
- Work with internal teams to coordinate inbound and outbound trucks to and from our warehouses and provide tracking information.
- Take initiatives and contribute to a team environment.
- Audit freight bills and find solutions resulting from problems with freight companies.
- Managing claims with customers and filing, tracking, and following up on claims payment with freight companies.
- Follow proper food safety protocols and company SOPs.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Operate forklift and other equipment to assist with shipping and receiving of food ingredients
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of this position.
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college
or technical school preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and accuracy when working with numbers.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a Warehouse, Logistics, or Manufacturing and Distribution
environment is a plus.
- Minimum 1 Year on-the job Logistics Coordination experience preferably in the food
commodities/ingredients industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of inventory management software is a plus.
- Ability to negotiate shipping rates with trucking companies.
- A team player with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive relations with
customers, vendors, and co-workers via verbal and email communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint,
- Forklift experience is preferred but not required
- The company is based in Woodinville, WA
- Generally, work a set schedule, usually standard business hours, however, may on
occasion require additional hours.
- Able to meet deadlines
- Noise level is low to moderate
- Reports to Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor, works closely with Sales Support,
Purchasing, Quality Assurance and Accounting team members
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; may occasionally walk the warehouse and assist
with shipping and receiving of food ingredients.
- Occasionally need to lift 25-50 pounds
Reliable Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
any actual or perceived protected characteristic or other unlawful consideration.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your resume, cover letter, and references to this
posting. We do not pay for relocation.