Duties and responsibilities
- LTL, FTL and Inter-modal Freight management and transportation of goods to the customer
- Daily negotiation of rate quotes with trucking companies, brokers, and freight forwarders via email and phone
- Audit freight bills and find solutions resulting from problems with freight companies.
- Research carriers and warehouse companies to work with and create preferred companies list
- E-mail shipment release information to the warehouse, customer, and the freight companies who are hauling company products. Enter the PO, release orders in emails, so attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Create customer order forms and traceability packets.
- Maintain records of shipping/receiving and quality requirements for all customers.
- Organizing files and confirm documents are received and organized.
- Monitor picks up and deliveries to and from the warehouse and ensure all trucking and warehouse documentation is accounted for.
- Update customers on shipment status and provide excellent customer service every time.
- Track shipments and maintain status updates after the shipment is picked up.
- Managing claims with customers and filing, tracking, and following up on claims payment with freight companies.
- Communicate needs and objectives with managers and key personnel through meetings, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Assist in inventory management and reconciliation.
- Create KPI for warehouse companies and freight companies.
- Follow proper food safety protocols and company SOPs.
- Work with internal teams to coordinate inbound and outbound trucks to and from our warehouses and provide tracking information.
- Should be an excellent negotiator and have a good sense of overall judgment.
- Take initiatives and contribute in a team environment.