Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Base Salary of $40,000 to $50,000/year D.O.E. plus commissions
The Account Manager (AM) acts as the vital liaison between the company and customers. The
AM must determine customer needs, work effectively with the internal company team to meet
customer requirements, and be proficient at developing long-term customer relationships.
He/she is also responsible for producing new sales, bringing in new clients and utilizing existing
and potential customer networks while attaining assigned sales goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute plans and strategies for developing business and achieving personal and company
sales goals and initiatives.
- Prospect for, build relationships with, and manage customers using a combination of phone,
web conferencing, e-mail communication, and in-person meetings.
- Work closely with purchasing team to fulfill customer requirements and requests for pricing.
- on a weekly basis.
- Retain and build new book of business and up sell the product line with existing customers.
- Perform key administrative duties such as onboarding new clients, reporting sales activities
in CRM, facilitating customer documentation requests, monitoring inventory, and preparing
sales forecasts for weekly sales meeting.
- Work closely with the QA department to ensure customers are provided with the correct
- Follow company Sales SOP’s, while looking for ways to improve them.
- Promote team-building culture within the sales department and in the company.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company
- Travel to attend select trade shows, industry events and client meetings.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for
satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive
statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related major or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum 1 plus years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support
management role desired.
- Experience selling food commodities or food ingredients is preferred but not required.
- He/she should be a person who takes initiatives, be a creative thinker, articulate, and
- Possess exceptional observation, communication, negotiation, and relationship building
- Personable, outgoing and a drive to succeed personality required.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent phone selling skills and desire to engage customers by phone.
- Effective e-mail communication abilities, with skill to construct informative, and concise messages to customers
- Organizational and time management skills are required.
- He/she needs to have confidence, persistence, and mental discipline to continually handle failure and work around customer obstacles and objections.
- Coachable and driven to exceed goals.
- Established sales account manager experience, meeting, or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the diverse aspects of products and services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, One Drive, TEAMS) as well as Salesforce CRM.
- Familiarity with inventory management software (Fishbowl).
- This position calls for time in the office, travel within US and Canada for business.
- Ideally based in company’s Woodinville office, although requests by more experienced
candidates to work out of a remote office will be considered.
- Operate in a competitive atmosphere, must sometimes multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Be a team player with the capacity to develop and sustain constructive relations with
customers, vendors, and co-workers via verbal and email communications.
- Generally, work a set schedule, usually standard business hours, however, may require
additional hours as our clients are located throughout the US and for weekly sales tasks that
needs to be completed on time to be successful in this position
- Reports to VP Sales and CEO/President, works closely with Sales Support, Purchasing,
Logistics/Production, Quality Assurance and Accounting team members.
- We will provide training for first 6 months to 1 year to help you become successful in this
- We offer a rewarding and exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and the
opportunity to be a part of a growing sales force.
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands
- Reliable Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to any actual or perceived protected characteristic or other unlawful consideration.