Account Manager – $40,000 to $45,000/year plus commissions
The Account Manager serves as a liaison between vital customers and the sales team in the company. They must foresee the customer’s needs, work well with the internal company teams to guarantee deadlines for the customer; with the end goal of developing long-term customer relationships. They are also responsible for producing new sales, bringing in new clients and utilizing existing and potential customer networks while attaining high sales goals.
Duties and responsibilities
• Execute plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals and initiatives
• Be a driving force in a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
• Establish customer sales contracts and monitor balances
• Maintain accurate record of activities in CRM tool
• Work with the Purchasing Manager on sourcing materials for customer PO’s
• Work closely with Admin on the new customer onboarding process, ensuring all paperwork is accounted for before having terms assigned
• Inventory management for spot and contracted customers
• Work closely with the QA department to ensure customers are provided with the correct product documents
• Provide detailed and accurate sales planning and forecasting
• Prospect for, initiate and manage key customer relationships
• Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and develop key relationships
• Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
• Travel for Trade shows for new business and new trends in the food industry and to meet existing customers
• Assist in trade show booth creation, marketing material, and branding
• Promote team-building culture within the sales department and in the company
• Follow sales SOP’s in place and suggest improvements where and when required
• Manage existing customers and work closely with VP of Sales and the owner to create a plan to up sell existing customers
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership
• Act as a backup instructor for new employees in specific departments as needed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum five years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales support management role
• Established sales account manager experience, meeting or exceeding targets
• Demonstrated ability to articulate the diverse aspects of products and services
• Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive)
• Familiarity with inventory management software
• Exceptional observation, communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve before escalating
• May travel regularly to meet with sales representatives and clients; potential national travel
• Operate in a competitive atmosphere, must sometimes meet strict deadlines
• Sometimes put in conflict situations where others may be unpleasant or intimidating
• Generally, work a set schedule; usually standard business hours
• Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of customer service experience do you have?
- How many years of sales experience do you have?
- Are you able to work in Woodinville, WA 98072?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- When will you be available to start this job?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- Who referred you to this role? (if you don’t have an answer, you can leave this field blank)
- This question was written by the employer. You can report inappropriate questions to Indeed by exiting this application and clicking the blue “Report Job” job link below the job description. “How many years of Sales/Sales Management experience do you have?”